Freshmen Leo Interscholastic Merit Scholarship Program
First-time freshman students who do not qualify for any of the Student Access and Success Freshmen scholarship awards based on class rank may qualify for this institutional merit based scholarship in recognition of other forms of high school achievement.
For consideration, students must do the following:
1. be admitted to the University to start in the Fall semester immediately following high school graduation
2. ACT composite score of 25 or higher AND/OR SAT score of 1130 or higher (prior to March, 2016) AND/OR a SAT score of 1200 (after March, 2016)
a. Critical reading and math only
b. Combination evidence-based reading/writing and math
This scholarship is applicable only to the Fall and Spring semesters. Awards are $1,000 per year, renewable for up to 8 semesters or graduation, whichever comes first. For the scholarship to be renewed a student must;
1. Maintain a course load of fifteen hours per semester at A&M Commerce in each fall and spring AND
2. Earn an end of term GPA of 3.0 or higher AND
3. Maintain an institutional cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
4. Accept the renewal offer each fall semester within 14 days.
Students must supply supporting documents:
1. A resume,
2. Two letters from persons knowledgeable about a student’s past leadership, community service experiences, and /or prior high school interscholastic activities.
Recipient’s name can be published as a scholarship recipient.
Failure to meet the requirements of this scholarship may cause scholarships to be revoked.
This scholarship may entitle an out of state resident to the Non-Resident Tuition Exemption as outlined by the Texas A&M University-Commerce Policy on Non-Resident Tuition Exemption for Competitive Scholarship Recipients.