Alton L. Biggs Endowment in Biology & Environmental Sciences
To be eligible for consideration, an applicant for the Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
1. Family and individual income will not be a consideration.
2. Scholarship recipients must be Texas residents.
3. Scholarship recipients must be classified as a junior, enrolled full-time, with a declared major in Biology or Environmental Science.
4. This scholarship is a $4,000 scholarship, payable over 4 semesters @ $1,000 per semester. Recipients must follow University policies for scholarship renewal to receive the 3rd and 4th disbursements.
5. A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 system) with a minimum GPA of 3.5 in major courses is required and must be maintained to continue receiving the scholarship.
6. Unpaid awarded scholarships shall be transferred back to the endowment’s corpus.
- Recipient’s name can be published as a scholarship recipient.
- Failure to meet the requirements of this scholarship may cause scholarships to be revoked.
- This scholarship may entitle an out of state resident to the Non-Resident Tuition Exemption as outlined by the Texas A&M University-Commerce Policy on Non-Resident Tuition Exemption for Competitive Scholarship Recipients.